At QUT, I am currently responsible for the teaching and administration of the following subjects:
- “CAB210 User Experience Fundamentals” (undergraduate) in-depth, qualitative user research through contextual inquiry, co-design, usability and user experience evaluation
- “CAB310 Interaction and Experience Design” (undergraduate) advanced human-computer interaction unit focussed on the theory, design, and evaluation of emerging technologies for human use
- “IFN591 Principles of User Experience” (postgraduate) introduction to user experience and human-centred design of digital technologies
- “ISYS90085 Interaction Design and Usability” The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2015
- “INFO30004 Usability Engineering”, The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2014
- “INFO30006 Information Management Techniques”, The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2014, 2015
- “SINF90002 Interaction Design and Usability”, The University of Melbourne, Australia, 2013
I am a Fellow of The Higher Education Academy, which demonstrates my commitment to teaching, learning and the student experience.
In 2017 I graduated with a Graduate Certificate in Academic Practice (GCAP), QUT, Brisbane. GCAP is a continuing professional education course for staff working in higher education to develop knowledge, skills, and professional values in the key areas of: learning and teaching, research, and career planning and development.
In 2012 I completed the Melbourne Teaching Certificate, a one-semester professional development program for staff with teaching responsibilities. This involved face-to-face seminars, a written assignment to reflect on the assessment of a subject, and peer reviews of my teaching activities.